This is a guest post from Johnny Palmer from http://absrightnow.com/, if you are interested in writing a guest post, please contact us.
Finding one single thing that can help you lose weight is akin to finding a gold nugget while skimming stones on a lake. However, using the power of your mind and psychology tricks, there is one simple method you can use to guarantee your weight loss success, and it is free, easy and simple.
There are no strings attached, just a simple method that is used by countless people who have succeeded in sport, business, arts, fitness and careers.
This is it here, and although it may seem simple by nature, this is the reason for success in so many people who have otherwise failed to “make it”:
Be accountable to somebody other than yourself
It has been known for centuries that humans will do more to avoid pain than to gain pleasure – that is a simple psychological fact, so we can use this fact to help us, rather than hinder us.
When we create accountability, we are not only striving to achieve our goal for ourselves, but also to avoid the pain of letting the other person(s) down, and the pain of making ourselves looking like a lazy fool.
Talking is easy, but doing is the hard part. This is why this method automatically guarantees you a better chance at succeeding, provided you follow a couple of simple rules:
- Always make it a person who is NOT a family member or your spouse. These people tend to go easy on you, plus they think they know you. This can be detrimental so success because they think they know what you can and can’t do, so they aren’t surprised when you fail.
- The other person must also have a goal they are striving to achieve, and you must hold that person accountable to their success as well.
- The point of being accountable is not to belittle or ridicule the person if they fail to achieve it, simply to ask why they didn’t, and then together reformulate the plan for success, then meet up again to see if has been met that time.
- Meeting up once per week is the best time frame. Monthly it gets too hard to focus on details, and daily fluctuations can be too wild.
- These meetings do not have to be long, in fact 15 minutes a week is plenty enough time to discuss your meeting of objectives, or failure.
Finding such a person is not difficult, every single person in this life wants to be better, you just have to find someone who is willing to become better be achieving a goal.
Here are some places you may find such a person:
- At a gym
- Dance, martial arts or other fitness classes
- Online chatrooms/forums (it is advisable to have somebody you can “see” every week, as opposed to an internet friend – although an online buddy is better than no buddy
- Universities and colleges
- Goal setting groups
- You ambitious friends or work colleagues
There are plenty of people who are looking for the same thing as you – accountability – you just have to make the first move to get out there and find such a person.
Johnny Palmer teaches how to lose body fat fast, how to get six pack abs, runs a fat loss & muscle building website, and how to do it all naturally, with no aid from supplements, drugs or anything boring on his website – http://absrightnow.com/.